Top 15 Reasons to Use an Explainer Video for Your Business 13 October 2015
Top 15 Reasons to Use An Explainer Video for Your Business
Sorry to bother you. Would you mind putting your petri dish down, fix your hair and stop laughing manically? I have important information that you need to know, I want to tell you about how Explainer Video can be used for Business.
As marketers and business owners we are constantly trying to find ways to get more customers. Whether that is physically through the front door of our business’ or to our website, which I may add, a lot of people spend tonnes of money on and usually don’t benefit from in any significant way. With just a small tweak to your site, the results can be substantial. By producing your very own Explainer Video, you can tick a number of boxes when it comes to organic SEO and the user experience. 52% of marketing professionals believe video is the best online content with the best ROI.
“People love to watch catchy stories that come across as fun.”
So, what is an Explainer Video? It is essentially a 2D animated cartoon, which uses plain language to “explain” what your business or value proposition is all about. Why do they work? Mainly because people love to watch catchy stories that come across as fun, but more importantly they are engaging and have informative content. We all love a bit of animation (thanks Looney Tunes and Pixar!). The best part is that Explainer Videos have all of these elements combined!
Let’s look at my Top 15 Reasons to Use an Explainer Video for Your Business broken down into three categories: Attract, Engage and Convert.
Attracting Attention with an Explainer Video
- Google owns YouTube, so they love video! By optimising your videos you have a higher chance of results in Google’s search. (iZideo)
- Now that people can find you more easily the Explainer Video will drive traffic to your web site.
- 70% of Internet users watch video, meaning, when they find you, they will press play. (Insivia)
- Once they have found you and watched your video, they have visited your site for longer. Google will again rank you higher if it believes your site provides valuable information, and length of visit is a good indicator of that. (ComScore)
- Using social media to distribute your video is a key element to attracting attention and if your video is good, it will be shared, thus increasing your reach exponentially.
Audience Engagement with an Explainer Video
- By simplifying your message you make it easier to understand your value proposition.
- It will help your potential client/audience make a connection with your business
- Your audience will retain 50% more information than if they just read words on a page.
- You can inject your brand personality into your video.
- By connecting with your prospects and injecting some brand personality, you will be remembered and stay at the forefront of their mind.
- With social media users being predominately on their mobile device, video is perfect for watching and sharing using this device.
Audience Conversion with an Explainer Video
- Conversion rates jump by 20% on websites that use video.
- 96% of consumers find watching a video helpful in making purchasing decisions. (Animoto)
- 85% of people are more likely to buy the product or service, once they see an accompanying Explainer Video.
- All great Explainer Videos incorporate a strong call to action.
“You can easily measure your videos impact online.”
With every marketing strategy, having ROI is an important feature and video is no different. You can easily measure your video’s impact online with the many metrics that are available. YouTube and Vimeo both have their own analytics, which are easily accessible; or you can use a third party for this such as Wistia or VidYard who offer a more in depth analysis of your video’s performance. Remember, video analytics is not all about views, although it can be. Bounce rates, click throughs, viewing time can all be used to deduce your videos effectiveness.
You don’t have to be a mad scientist to believe that videos, especially Explainer Videos do work and can improve your marketing strategy. They are increasingly being used to generate traffic for sites as well as converting more viewers into consumers and if that is something that you don’t think your business needs, then it is back to the lab with Bunsen burners, bad hair and a white jacket; you know the one with the long sleeves and lots of buckles.
I know I haven’t covered every good reason to use Explainer Videos, so if I have missed an important one, please leave a comment below and tell me what I missed. I would love to hear from you.
Thinking about going down the DIY route? I have written a couple of articles that may help you. The first one, How To Write a Killer Script For Your Explainer Video, does just that, by revealing my secret formulae. At the bottom of that post is a link to the next step, which is animating your story. DIY Animation Tips For Explainer Videos is the title and covers 4 of the most common online animation platforms.
Is the DIY route too much of a hassle, but you want to know a little more before talking to a professional? Visit our Information Page to learn more and register for a return phone call.
If the time is right for you to add video to your marketing, get in touch with us by calling Reg on 040 171 9859, or filling out the contact form below.